21:25 - By Laura Ranca - Events
Workshop supported by the IPSA RC10 - Organized by the Faculty of Political Science, Zagreb, in partnership with DEL research network, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 30 - 31 May 2011
Deadline - 15 March 2011
IPSA's Research Committee 10 on Electronic Democracy and the Faculty of Political Science in partnership with DEL research network (http://www.certop.fr/DEL) announce call for papers for the upcoming IPSA Workshop on “Net campaigning in the Global Context“ that will be held in Dubrovnik, Inter University Center, Croatia from 30 to 31 May 2011. The Workshop is a part of the annual Information Technology and Journalism conference organized by the Faculty of Political Science in Zagreb and the Institute for New Media and E-Democracy that will take place from 1 to 3 June 2011.
- Transformation of political communication through new media
- ‘Americanization’ of the net campaigning
- ‘Glocalisation’: global distribution and local appropriation of the net campaigning
- Contribution of the emerging democracies to the net campaigning world-wide
- Elections and the net campaigning
- Issue campaigning on the net
- E-democracy and e-engagement
- Consumer citizens and the net
- Catching up with the net generation: governments, political parties and civil society
- The role of the new media in raising support for the EU
- EU institutions and the net
- Euroscepticism and the net
- Social networks, blogs and the EU
The conference language is English
We invite individuals from academic and practical backgrounds as well as public administration offices, public bodies, NGOs, education institutions and independent organizations, to submit their contributions.
EUR 95 - for authors
EUR 115 - early bird rate for participants who register until March 15, 2011
EUR 135 - for participants who register after March 15, 2011
The fee includes conference entry, proceedings and social program during the conference.
Pre-conference social program is to be announced.
The Proceedings will be published by the Faculty of Political Science in Zagreb.
Submission of abstract (max 300 words): 15 March 2011
Notification of acceptance: 30 March 2011
Final paper submission (max. 10 pages): 30 April 2011
Workshop: 30 – 31 May 2011
Conference: 30 May – 3 June 2011
Please send your submission in pdf format to: email@example.com
All submissions are subject to a double-blind full paper review by at least 2 reviewers. To facilitate the review process, please write a separate cover sheet with the paper title and affiliation/s and omit the affiliations in the actual paper.
Participants who are not contributors (i.e. who do not propose a paper) can apply through our web site www.edemocracyinstitute.eu
Please note that the number of non contributing participants is limited so we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
For further information please visit: www.edemocracyinstitute.eu
- Prof. dr. Nenad Prelog (president): nenad(at)edemokracija.hr
- Dr. Domagoj Bebić (secretary general): domagoj(at)edemokracija.hr
- Milica Vuckovic (coordinator): milica(at)edemokracija.hr
Šibenska 1, 10 000 Zagreb, Hrvatska - tel: 01 307 9113 - fax: 01 307 9113 - www.edemocracyinstitute.eu
CFP Online : http://rc10.ipsa.org/post/2011/01/29/Call-for-papers-Workshop-Net-Campaigning-in-the-Global-Context%3A-Appropriation-Invention-Transformation-Dubrovnik-Croatia-30-31-May-2011